Beginners Guide to Moving in Auckland
We often receive enquires from customers who have no previous moving experience or haven’t moved in a very long time.
If you fall in either category, this guide may help .We’ve complied a list of things to consider or discuss with us:
- Do you need assistance with partial or full packing or unpacking? If there are any items or areas which you specifically need packing with (such as artwork or fine china), we can usually fit in a partial pack on the same day as your house move or a day prior.
- Let us know about access or parking issues at BOTH sites- things such as overhanging tree branches. telephone cables or narrow driveways can result in a costlier move if not matched with the right size truck.
- Oversize items such as double door fridges, pianos or spas need special handling with equipment and extra men, best to let us know in advance so we come prepared. If items need to be hoisted over balconies, we usually have to bring extra long straps and 3 or 4 men so advance notice helps with planning.
- If you’re settling houses, its best to allow the full day for the house move or at least budget for it. We come across settlement delays every Friday and this can easily add hours to the bill unfortunately. We recommend speaking to your solicitors ahead of time to arrange access to the garage of your new home to allow us to unload whilst settlement is taking place – this can save hundreds off the bill. If you’ve got concerns over settlement falling through, talk to us and we can pre-arrange storage as a contingency.
- If you have valuable items which you have concerns over, talk to us about transit insurance options. We can usually provide you a quote within 24 hours.
- Need packing boxes? We can provide free advise on the right type if packing materials to use of you are self-packing and can arrange delivery of these items with 2 business days throughout Auckland.
For any more questions you might have, feel free to call The Moving Squad – Auckland’s Expert Movers and Packers. We specialise in home and office removals, storage and any other furniture removal requirement you have. Read more about our services here.Google